Founded in 1904, the St. Vincent de Paul Society of St. Joseph County began as a Catholic lay organization to meet the needs of the poor in our community. More than 100 years later, we are staying true to our mission.
Since 1904, we have expanded our programs and now serve more than 70,000 people each year. We provide direct client service through our location on Crescent Avenue, which houses our food pantry, financial assistance office, and serves as a meeting place for our educational programs. We also serve the community at large through 3 thrift stores, consistently providing lower prices than our competitors. In all that we do, we aim to maintain the dignity of those we serve.